Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'll Tell You What You Can Do With Your Zucchini

Way back in the 1970s my mom used to make me a vegetable plate including things like raw zucchini & raw cauliflower. Now I have fond memories of eating raw vegetables. So I say: find a way to make raw vegetables for your children and chances are they will (at some point) have happy memories of eating vegetables.

Since I was first diagnosed with gout I've been searching for new ways to make non-meats interesting. I remembered that I also used to have Mrs. Dash on my zucchini instead of salt and I learned to like that combination, too. I really started eating more salt because of my wife who loves it. She recently found out that she should cut down so we are back where I started.

There was no Mrs. Dash in the house and I was hungry so I got one of the organic zucchinis from Trader Joe's and added turmeric, cumin and cinnamon and about a dozen and a half Trader Joe's cashews. Because I haven't used the cinnamon in a while I forgot how fast it comes out. I guess the cinnamon was about 50% of the spice mixture, turmeric 35% and cumin 15%. I sliced the zucchini thinly and I would guess there were 40 pieces. I ate it with my fingers and it was good. Gently spiced. How much? A pinch or two, I guess, as I didn't measure. You can experiment just like I did. I originally planned on adding cayenne pepper and couldn't find it. So it had less kick than I'm used to, but good all the same. I really think I can taste the difference using organic zucchini and the cashews are a personal favorite.

If you really like cashews, try eating four slices with a cashew a couple times, then 3 slices, then 2, then 1 and eventually you should be eating 2 cashews with one zucchini slice for your last 4 or 5 slices. That was lunch - along with one Isagenix Natural Accelerator. Keep in mind that I'm a big man and I'm satisfied because of being on Isagenix products. In a couple hours I'll have a shake and tomorrow or the next day I expect that I will be at my lowest weight since I started almost two weeks ago.

And THAT'S what you can do with your zucchini!

Click on the title of this post to visit Trader Joe's.


Keep walking!
blog comments powered by Disqus