Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Five Miles Before Three

I took the dog after my last post inspired me (See? I inspired myself. Big Man Walking motivates and inspires!) and we walked about 3 1/2 miles which brought today's total to just over 5 miles. We just kept going a little bit more and a little bit more and walked the neighborhood in all directions and I made sure Mellow had plenty of water when we got back. I found I had some time and took advantage of the situation. I am walking. You can walk. Please walk today. No matter what.

---

I found some books and a CD on walking at BooksaMillion.com. I have ordered from them successfully half a dozen times since the beginning of November. Great prices. Free shipping orders over $25. Follow these links to buy them now!


Walk Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone - Click on the title of this post. Otherwise click on the title of the book or CD.

The Essential Walker's Journal
Leslie Sansone

Absolute Beginner's Guide to Half-Marathon Training
Heather Hedrick

Walking: The Complete Book
Jeff Galloway

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Walking For Health


Running and Walking for Women Over 40
Kathrine Switzer

The Step Diet:
Count Steps, Not Calories to Lose Weight and Keep It Off Forever
James O. Hill

The Healthy Heart Walking CD:
Walking Workouts for a Lifetime of Fitness
Rita Moreno

I have listed the first author where more than one is listed by the website and did not list the author of "The Idiot's Guide".

0 comments: