Thursday, November 20, 2008

For Those Who Are Tired

Last week I was tutoring high school students at Reality Changers and one of the kids told me he was really tired. They each had to write at least a paragraph in a short period of time and I think he wanted to give up. I told him that this was an opportunity to push himself a little bit. I told him that I didn't know what his week had been like, but he could choose to stretch himself.

For those of you who are executives and business owners and stellar employees, this might not seem like a big deal. But I was glad I could say a little something to get him to make an extra effort. I hope that with ten thousand of those little choices to do a little bit more, he will alter his path and be the first one in his family to go to college. Maybe one day he'll be a stellar employee or business owner or executive, too.

I hope that the little something below encourages you to do a little bit more when you aren't sure you can or when you don't have the desire. I'm pretty tired right now and I'm glad I got this post done before I got to bed.


One may go a long way after one is tired.

French proverb


From ThinkExist.com

Twitter quote 104

0 comments: