Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dog Owners Have Extra Incentive

We love our dog, Mellow. I've noticed over the last 20 years or so that more and more people in the U.S. seem to spoil their animals. I'm not going to go into all the stuff that I classify as spoiled behavior right now. I'm just going to say that because we care about our dog, we care FOR our dog, but I wouldn't call what we do "spoiling" our dog. I know Mellow needs exercise and we definitely want him to do his business OUTside, so in a very practical way, we need to walk him. That's why I say that dog owners have extra incentive to get out and walk. Sometimes our dog is ready to go fairly quickly and other times one of us will walk him between half a mile and a mile before he does his dance. Once in a while it takes a couple miles to get him going. Mandatory exercise. My pedometer says I've already had almost a mile of mandatory exercise this morning.

I am walking. You can walk. Please walk today. No matter what.

---

I've included the link to the Dog Whisperer "underneath" the title of this post (click it!). In a little while my son and I are going to check out a nickel arcade in San Diego and I'll check my pedometer to see how much walking I do when I'm there. Here's that site:

NickelCitySanDiego.com

0 comments: